Đề cương ôn tập Unit 4 môn Tiếng Anh 10 năm 2019-2020 - Trường THPT Chu Văn An là tài liệu hữu ích giúp các em ôn tập cũng như hệ thống kiến thức môn học, giúp các em tự tin đạt điểm số cao trong kì thi sắp tới. Mời các em cùng tham khảo đề thi.
Thông tin tài liệu
Loại file: DOC , dung lượng : 0.20 M, số trang : 3 ,tên
- UNIT 4: SPECIAL EDUCATION
1. a. deaf b. of c. off d. follow 2. a. pour b. our c.
hour d. mouse
3. a. blind b. disabled c. idea d. hide 4. a. chance b. watching
c. school d. child
5. a. added b. subtracted c. divided d. multiplied 6.a. pity b. children c.
blind d. finger
1. a. continue b. realize c. demonstrate d. opposite 2. a. activity b. attentiveness c.
explanation d. ability
3. a. mental b. special c. happy d. retard 4. a. organize b. determine c.
develop d. exhibit
5. a. reason b. idea c. welcome d. visit 6. a. instead b. mental c. money d.
7. a. realize b. addition c. visitor d. organize 8. a. exhibition b. photography c.
professional d. ability
9. a. surrounding b. attendance c. period d. disabled 10. a. sorrow b.
passion c. children d. idea
1. Low ___ of animal fat generally leads to risk of heart diseases. a. consume b. consuming c.
consumption d. consumer
2. Betty is not as intelligent as any child who is at the same age. She has some perceiving troubles. She is
a. dump b. deaf c. mentally retarded d. lisp
3. Her suggestion met with strong ____. Her workmates did not agree with her to some things.
a. opposition b. determination c. condition d. consumption
4. Disabled children with special ____ needs are taken good care to develop both mentally and physically.
a. educate b. education c. educator d. educational
5. In our modern time, there are still many farmers and workers living _____ poor conditions. a. at b. in
c. for d. within
6. After the terrible traffic accident, ____ injured were taken to ____ hospital immediately.
a. an / the b. no article / a c. the / no article d. the / the
7. Most people in the town are interested in the ____ of photographs taken by some disabled children,
which are displayed in the town hall. a. exhibition b. expenditure c.
passion d. feature
8. Paul seemed very proud ____ his success when everybody congratulated him ____ what he had got.
a. for / with b. as / through c. over / in d. of / on
9. Don't be worried too much. Things will certainly improve gradually.
a. immediately b. right now c. little by little d. quickly
10. He makes money by raising poultry and cattle.a. creates b. earns c. produces d.
11. Gold and diamonds ____ making jewelries. a. are used to b. are used for c. used to
d. get used to
12. They ____ living on farms and working on fields. a. are used to b. are used for c. used to
d. did not use to
13. The unemployed ____ some unemployment benefit, but it seems not to be enough for them to survive.
a. gets b. has got c. get d. is getting
14. She said she ____ to me, but she didn't. a. would have writtenb. will have written c. would write d.
15. He was very hard ____ for most of his life after being injured on his head.
- a. to hear b. hearing c. for hearing d. of hearing
16. She is wearing a dress _____ mine. a. as b. alike c. likely d. like
17. After a short time living in London, Paul are gradually used to ____ his car driving on the left side of
a. keep b. keeping c. kept b. be kept
18. He ____ our company two years ago. He still ____ for us.
a. joins / worked b. joined / works c. had joined / is working d. was joining / will work
19. Disabled children have to be sent to school to get special education ____ at home.
a. instead of being kept b. because of being at home c. which being kept at home d.due to the
fact of being at home
20.____, I have difficulty pronouncing some English consonants which do not exist in my native language.
a. Honest b. Be honest c. Honesty, d. To be honest
21. There are many different technologies such as hearing aids available to people ____ are hearing
a. which b. whom c. whose d. who
22. She is teaching some mentally retarded ____.
a. adding and subtracting b. how to add and subtract c. added and subtracted d. for
adding and subtracting
23. A person with a ____ is unable to pronounce some certain sounds. a. deafness b. mute c.
lisp d. blindness
24. Suffering ____ a speech disorder can have negative social effects, especially ____ young children.
a. from / among b. with / in c. for / of d. with / for
25. Someone who is totally unable to speak due to a speech disorder is considered_____. a. deaf b.
blind c. lisp d. mute
26. ____ first time is always ____ hardest. a. A / no article b. no article / the c. the / the d.
The / no article
27. A molecule of water comprises two atoms of hydrogen and one atom of oxygen.
a. consists of b. exhibits c. displays d. passions
28. Many people oppose corporal, punishment when children although several of them are naughty.
a. agree with b. disapprove of c. are in favor of d. appreciate
29. She is ____ I have ever met. a. the most awful woman that b. the most awful
c. the most awful woman, which d. the most awful woman, who
30. Robin Hood stole from ____ poor. a. rich and gave b. the rich and gave to the
c. the rich and giving d. rich and the
31. She cannot be at work. No one in the office ____ her since the lunch time. a. has seen b. saw c.
had seen d. would see
32. A cold wind ____ for the last three days. a. has been blowing b. blows c. is blowing d. blew
33. Mrs. Pike ____ very attractive when she was young, but now she looks pale because of the illness.
a. is used to being b. used to be c. was used for being d. use to be
34. He fought the illness with courage and ____. a. condition b. determination c. comparison
35. Peter dreams of becoming a singer. Music is a ___ with him. a. consideration b. conditionc. passion
36. To communicate fluently in English, we have to spend a lot of time practicing. It is a ____ work.
a. time-consuming b. time-bargain c. time-saving d. time-limit
37. Advertisers make used of every form of advertising to ____ purchase. a. compete b. passionate c.
stimulate d. subtract
38. They are good friends. They often share their common joy and sorrow. a. fun b. happiness c.
gift d. sadness
39. Although they met ____ opposition ____ their parents, they decided to get married without their
a. on / of b. about / for c. with / from d. at / to
40. He used to smoke a cigar after meal but now he quit smoking because he has got some respiratory
- a. would smoke b. was smoking c. was used to smoke d. had
41. When the teacher entered the classroom, his students ____ too much noise.
a. is making b. made c. were making d. have made
42. Mary left the city without saying goodbye so we do not have her new address or telephone number,
____ makes it impossible to contact her. a. that b. those c. when d.
43. It is reported ____ the gold price in the world is going up, ____ makes many businessmen rather
a. which / that b. that / that c. which / which d. that / which
44. They were used to working for our company but they do not work here ____. They have just left.
a. no longer b. any longer c. no more d. as long as
45. She told him that if he ___ his promise, she ___ to him again. a. break / would never speak
b. breaks / will never c. broke / will never d. broke / would never speak
46. ____ he got a scholarship from Oxford University made his parents so happy and proud.
a. Which b. Because c. Although d. The fact that
47. Although the computer ____ five years ago, it is still in a good condition.
a. is bought b. bought c. was bought d. has been bought
48. That nice villa ____ by Mr. Barry Jones, a famous architect.
a. used to decorated b. was used to decorated c. used to being decorated d. used to be
49. They ____ best friends when they were little boys but now their friendship no longer exists.
a. are used to be b. are used to being c. used to be d. got used to being
IV. Error Identification.
1. When I was a child, summers would be warmer and winters colder than now.
2. What do you use to do when you felt afraid ?
3. I’ve been studying French since I’ve started high school.
4. I can’t find my diary,that is a real nuisance.
5. It took them at least two months learninghow to pronouncethese words.
6. Helen Keller, who was both blind and deafness, overcame her inabilitieswith the help of her
teacher, Ann Sullivan.
V. Rewrite a sentence for each of the folowing
1. Dennis gave up smoking 2 years ago. -->Dennis used
2. I’m sorry I ever said that word. --> I
3. The lesson was very difficult. Nobody could understand it. --> It was
4. Unless you told him the truth, he would be angry with you. -->
5. This lesson is very long. We can’t memorize it. --> This