Talks and Presentations
– What is the aim of your talk? – What do you want to achieve?
– Who are you talking to?
– What do they need to know?
– What is the important information to get across?
– Are you sure what you’re saying is interesting?
– Is the talk clear and logical?
– Are you using signposting language to make the talk easy to follow?
Introducing the Topic This morning I’m going to…
Today I’d like to
The aim of my presentation this morning is to…
I’ve divided my presentation into… My talk will be in…
First, I’d like to… Then, I’ll focus on…
After that we’ll deal with… Finally, we’ll consider…
Referring to Questions
Feel free to interrupt me if there’s anything you don’t understand.
If you don’t mind, we’ll leave questions to the end.
There will be chance for you to ask (all your) questions at the end.